Sunday, May 10, 2009

~Janisms for Mother's Day~

I love my mom, and this is why...

1. She is a party animal! She is the funnest
mom I know, and she'll do anything to
have fun with her family.
2. She is the best example of a wife that I
could ask for. I know that my dad loves
her with all of his heart, and it is easy
to see why.

3. She shows my sisters and I how much
she loves us every single day. I know
she loves being a mom, and I hope I can
be as wonderful a mother as she is someday!


4. She loves to laugh! And she has one
of the best laughs around. Her face turns red
and she starts wheezing when she thinks
something is really hilarious. She makes us
laugh all the time, too!


5. My mom is my other best friend! I talk

to her about anything and everything, and
I love to spend time with her. I know
she'll always be there for me.


This will probably only be funny to my family, but these are some of the things my mom has said to make us laugh the hardest...we call them "Janisms," and we will never let her live them down. Thanks for being such a good sport, mom. I love you!
  • "How did there get a hole in the ceiling?!"
  • "There's a flick in my boot!"
  • "Maybe the dingalo ate your baby..."
  • "Chickee says time to get up..." followed by the most annoying rooster noise you'll ever hear in your life!
  • "I'm going to smother you in the night!"
  • "We don't call names...shut up, you stupid idiot!"

4 comments:

Marci and Gary said...

I love your momma!

Brett and Lex said...

Hahah that was a great list! I don't know the context of those, but I laughed anyway! I love you cute mom!

Natasha said...

Oh how I too love Janet! Thanks for this post it made me laugh! Youare guys are great and yes someday you will be a wonderful mamma just like yours! Love you girl

HD said...

I'm not very faithful at leaving comments on blogs, but I have randomly thought of "Maybe the dingalo ate your baby" about 1000 times throughout the last couple days and burst out loud laughing every single time! So I came back to tell you what joy that has brought to my life! One of my favorite memories of your mom is when I needed to use a phone to call my mom for a ride or something, and good ol' Jan reaches into her purse and heaves out this larger than life cell phone about the size of a semi truck. Ha ha! It had to be the only thing in her purse because there's no way that baby left any room! I love Jan.