Sunday, May 4, 2014

Thanks a lot



before marty's birthday, we celebrated thanksgiving.  we ended up being able to stuff our faces with both sides of our family, which involved a bit of travel, but was totally worth it.  as we were eating those meals and spending time with our kin, i was making some mental notes about the things that i'm most grateful for.  they include, but are not limited to...


this little barrel of laughs.  i'm grateful for a happy and healthy boy, who keeps us laughing around the clock.  i love the perspective he's given me on topics ranging from patience to body image.  he gives me a sense of purpose i can be proud of, and he makes me feel pretty special...even in the moments when i'm sure i'm screwing everything up (which is quite often).



i'm grateful for this guy, who gave me my marty boy.  he works so hard to take care of us now, and he's always thinking about our future and how he can make it one to look forward to.  he supports me in pretty much everything i want to do, whether it is a craft, a new workout routine, something to do with the boy, or doing some work (i'll get to that in another post, soon).  i know that he loves me, and our son, and that he will always be there for us.  he's my best friend.  he makes me crazy, and then he brings me back to normal.  he is handsome, and talented, and i'm glad he's mine.



i'm grateful for family time.  it is in those little moments together that you realize how much i love them, and that always gets me to thinking, "we should do this more often!"  i love having a family that gets together all the time, even if sometimes i feel like it's an inconvenience because i'd rather take a longer sunday nap.  sometimes those family gatherings result in arguments, but we are usually over by the time the next birthday rolls around.  i'd like to think it's because we are so invested in each other.



i also love the funny things that happen at our family get-togethers.  like when my dad and his dad put my grandma to sleep at the dinner table with their stories.



i'm grateful for snuggles.



i'm grateful marty has cousins close to his age.  and i'm grateful for the example of good parenting we have in scott and megan.  i've called her a few times about things i'm worried about, and even though we do some things completely different, she always makes me feel better.




i'm most grateful that i'll get to be with these guys forever.  and ever, and ever.

0 comments: