Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I got a feelin!

Ok, I'm not gonna lie, lately I've been feeling a little disheartened and down. Seriously. You know when you hear one bad thing after another after another, and it just starts to wear you down? That's the way I'd been feeling for a little while. The things that have been going on with politics are depressing...celebrities are disgusting...marriages are breaking up...kids are growing up WAY too fast...and it all just seemed to overwhelm and drag me down. I don't feel that way very often, because I tend to be somewhat of an eternal optimist and an hopeless romantic, so when that feeling gets a hold on me it really does some dirty work. Luckily, though, something saved me from my funk. That something was none other than YouTube, my friends. I don't get on my Facebook account very often (mostly because I loathe Facebook), but I did for a few minutes while in the midst of my funk, and someone had posted this video on their wall...




If that didn't make you smile or laugh, you've got to watch it again because it will! Not even a week after I saw this little nugget, a friend showed me this treasure...



I know that these are just people dancing to songs, but really it is so much more than that. Just when I was losing my faith in humanity, these videos put a smile on my face and brought tears to my eyes (yes, I really cried when watching both of these!) because they showed me that people are still willing to come together in the midst of all the craziness of our world to make others smile. There was no other reason than to make people happy. Strangers came together for just a little while to do something good. They didn't end world hunger or bring about world peace, but they did something. It made my day, and I hope it makes yours.

7 comments:

Marci and Gary said...

Oh Raquel I love it! I have had the same sort of day today too!

Milmonster said...

I've been feeling the same way Rach. Thanks for the uplift!

Aynna banahna said...

I almost started crying too, which makes me feel dorky. Stuff like that makes me SO happy. Thanks for sharing

Kayc said...

I love those videos! My sister showed the first one to me awhile back! Love it! I like the Oprah one too......but i'm not a huge fan of Oprah. LOL

Rachel Jenkins said...

LOOOVVVEEE IITT!!! :)

McFamily said...

Totally made my day! I think we shold get a group together and do it! So fun!

Ashley Head said...

Rach,
I really need your address. Will you send it to my e-mail? ashpete86@hotmail.com
Thanks!