Saturday, August 28, 2010

the COUGARS are out!

Let's just get one thing straight:  I am, and always will be a Utah girl.  I bleed red.  Not purple.  And certainly not blue.  In fact, my dad and I were just talking the other day about how we wish we could be better people and cheer for BYU when they're not playing the U, but we just can't bring ourselves to do it.  I did however bring myself to venture down to Happy Valley, and hellish P-Town, to attend the "Lord's University" for Education Week with my mom last week for a couple days of spiritual enlightenment.  She heads down every year with a group of fabulous ladies (the cougars to which I referred in the title of this post) to fill up her spiritual tank, and this year they invited me to tag along.  Lucky, huh?!  I really am soooo glad I went!  Not only did I get to survive on junk food for two days, but I think I came back up north with a greater conviction to be the best woman/wife/sister/daughter/friend/adventurer I can be.  My favorite classes were the ones on marriage, and one on setting life goals according to the errand the Lord has for us.  I learned a lot, and my notes pretty much wrote the talk I had to give in Sacrament Meeting in our ward the following Sunday, HA!  Win - Win I'd say.  Plus, I got to spend some quality time with mi madre.  I love her dearly, and I'm beyond getting to that point in my life where I've realized she really does know what she's talking about, and I just respect her opinion and advice more than ever.  She's a modern marvel, really.  I want to be just like her when I grow up...I'll even take the crazy babble that comes with that (wink).



Traditional Brick Oven dinner - where the cougs loaded up on Diet Coke in order to stay awake for our temple session HA!



Hair greased to our heads & so ready for bed after the last temple session of the night.

But not before we closed the night out with some ice cream.



Joking around before our last class.



Love you, Mom!

Can't wait for next year.

Think they'd consider moving things up to SLC?

1 comments:

Kayc said...

Looks like you had a blast! I would love to go to education week! Sounds awesome! Love you girl!