Monday, August 30, 2010

V.I.P. Date Night

Last year on my birthday I signed up for a monthly coupon at one of my fave restaurants:  The Happy Sumo.

Its a coupon for V.I.P.'s.  That's how we roll.

So, we've made it a tradition for one of our date nights each month to be "sushi night" at the Gateway - we get everything for 1/2-price, so we try expensive rolls that we'd never normally spring for.

Its pretty awesome.

This is what our latest V.I.P. sushi date night in August looked like:


Power nap on the FrontRunner.



Guarding/Attacking my sushi.

The Diva Roll is my favorite.

Richard wasn't surprised by that.



He gets a little carried away when he's hungry.



Walked to Pioneer Park to see She and Him in the Twilight Concert Series.

Loved it.




Cheap dinner.

Free concert.

Perfect date.

What do your date nights look like?

4 comments:

Joni and Rico Adams said...

What the?! I ate at Happy Sumo that night AND went to that concert after! I'm surprised I didn't see you. That was a perfect night. Now you MUST tell me how you went about signing up for the VIP sushi deal. We love love Happy Sumo- it's the best sushi around but it's so expensive so it's a special treat. And... I love your hair!! Cute cut.

Shannon Masayo said...

She and Him, awe..... I am in love with zooey and m ward. and hello i love me some sushi!!!! have you been to sushi ya?

Rich'n'Rach said...

Shan, haven't tried that place yet - is it the one in layton?

Joni, i don't remember exactly how we signed up...there was a little form i filled out, it was either on our table or right by the door where they keep those little mints. ask the hostess about it - its totally worth it! 1/2 price rolls & entrees 3 nights a week all month...truly a blessing to our social life and pocket book :)

Sam and Melissa said...

Lately I have been on a major sushi kick. We made our own last week but it didn't turn out all that great. How does the Happy Sumo thing work? Tell us when you go next time and we'll meet up!