Monday, February 27, 2012

and all that jazz

a little while ago i was having a bit of a rough time.  you could say its been
a bit of a quarter-life crisis.  i mean, my life is good.  i love it, in fact.  and
i would definitely say i'm a happy girl, but that's why this sad spell hit me like
a freaking freight train.  like a weepy, stupid freight train that not even
ungodly amounts of chocolate could comfort (for long, that is).

after a few particularly heinous days in a row, i was reminded that somebody
up there loves me, and wants me to be happy, when he sent me a tender
little mercy in the form of one mister raja bell.  yes, the "kobe killer" himself
was sitting in the middle of the ogden macey's grocery store (of all places), signing
autographs.  it was hands down the best cheese-run of my life.



this jazz man has had a place in my heart since he first played for utah, back
when i was in high school.  he was one of the first celebrities that i ever yelled
at, which was just the beginning of an embarrassing habit.  i digress...
i about lost it when my camera died, but luckily i could buy more right there,
so i waited in line again and posed for this snap shot.

its silly, but that little encounter, on a random grocery store pit-stop, was just
what i needed.  i cried on the way home, and it makes me want to a little right
now, too, thinking that heavenly father knows me so well.  he knew it had
to be something way out of left field to snap me out of my funk.
he reminded me, via raja bell, that you can't keep a good woman down.
i love him (and raja) for that.

0 comments: