Monday, February 27, 2012

feature films for fools

my uncle tony has been in the utah opera chorus for 18 years.  18 years!
i learned this just last month when i went with my mom to see him in
rigoletto at the capitol theater because there was an entire article about
him in the program.  what can i say, i rub elbows - and share dna - with
some pretty important people.



the show was a hit to say the least.  if i could sing like those folks, i probably
wouldn't give myself such a headache when i belt it in the car...and i would
also probably make a lot more money than i do, too.  anyway, it was a great
night, and very educational.  i learned that

a) tony hates it when people call phantom of the opera an opera.
b) i'd better not tell my uncle what my favorite "opera" is.
c) before we saw the show i thought i knew the story of rigoletto from
 watching the feature films for families version when i was a teenager,
but, in fact, fff has no idea what the hell they are talking about.



thanks, uncle tony & aunt kris, for the tickets!  it was fun to have a night
on the town with my momma...even if she did stiff our waiter on his tip.
not really.  she tried.

0 comments: