Sunday, June 13, 2010

...Wish upon a Star Cafe...

There's a little place in Clearfield where many of my high school mornings were spent...when they should have been spent in class. Its the Star Cafe, and to this day it holds a special place in my heart, largely in part due to their heavenly scones and scrumptious honey-butter that comes with them.
I talked Rich into taking me there for dinner the other day, and I loved those scones just as much as I did on those tardy mornings that my old pal Marissa Eddy and I would stop "on the way to school" for a breakfast of champions. You know, we were never marked late...pretty sure it had something to do with the same love of those scones that Mr. Staley had, and the fact that we'd always bring him our leftovers.
Here's to you Star Cafe. I love you, still.

2 comments:

Joni and Rico Adams said...

Rico and I have been to that place! And us that went to Layton High were frequents to Sills Cafe. It's very similar and I catch myself craving their scones often. ;)

Shanna said...

good ol' sluffing school to go to star! those were the good old days.