Monday, June 21, 2010

oh, hello summer...


Our weekend started out like this:


Teriyaki wings and sushi from TonaMmmmmmmmm.

Richard enjoyed the wasabi, while I enjoyed the awkwardness of watching his sister's boyfriend on a date

with another girl at the table right next to ours.  She's on a mission, but still.  He pretended that he didn't even

see us, which made it even funnier.  I really love awkward stuff.





Next, we made our way down and across lovely Historic 25th Street to see what was going on at the Ogden

Amphitheater.  It was a concert of the rap variety, which Richard was not ok with, so we headed back to

Wise Guys to have ourselves a good hour and a half laugh.  But not before I felt the rhythm and laid down

the hook while my DJ revolved it.



Saturday morning, Rich went climbing with his buddy Kevin, where he neglected to coat his ginger skin

with SPF 5 Billion like he usually does.  The sunburn that resulted from that decision is the reason for his

makeshift sunhat, which protected his sizzling neck while he mowed the lawn.  Classic.


Sunday we celebrated Fathers Day, of course.  But we also had some family here from out of town,

from Jeffersontown, Kentucky to be exact, so we had some quality family time with them, too. 

I love quality family time because, at least with my family, its always hella entertaining. 

For example, we got to watch these sexy mamas... 


sing happy birthday to that "little angel" on the left.  We celebrated Shay's first birthday, and the sight of

all of those Shepherd women making baby faces and singing in baby voices to her was about the

greatest thing I've ever seen.  It was like the rest of us didn't even exist. 

I tried to get a picture, but I was laughing too hard.


I also got to witness the cutest man in the world make the cutest boy in the world laugh really hard. 

Toady loves Richard, and I love them both.


So much that I had to post two pictures of them together.  Priceless.


So, needless to say, it was a great official start to summer. 

That rain had better not show its ugly face around here for more than a day at a time,

 at least until November.

Or else.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

Love your about me :) so cute.

Kayc said...

I love you!!!

David and Melissa said...

Yeah, O-town rocks!!! Have you tried the Bistro place on 25th? Expensive, but worth it at least once. Try the Fuzzy Peaches. They are to DIE FOR!!! Funny about your sister's boyfriend.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

That sushi looks so delish!