Monday, November 29, 2010

give thanks

Some things I've got to be thankful for:
(in no specific order)


The beautiful girl on the left.  She's my little sister, but I look up to her.  I'm proud of her, and I envy her strength.



A husband with very few inhibitions that will do next to anything to make me laugh.



Baby Eli.  He's helping me get over the overwhelming fear of infants (and anything to do with them).



His parents, who we miss to death.  We love laughing, playing, eating, etc. with them.




That even though we're old ladies now, I can call on my best friends to play volleyball...and actually win a few games!  We're all in different places in life, but we're still there for each other, and we still have fun together.



A dad who likes to joke around.  And who I can talk to about anything.  I love him.



His parents, who are the greatest example of an eternal love story that I know.



My mom.  We can laugh together, yell at each other, or just talk about the small stuff.  That's why she's my best friend, too.

Her parents, who have the most giving hearts in the world.



Sisters that remind me it's ok to be whoever and whatever I want to be.



That I have strong, beautiful women to look up to.



Cheap date nights.



That beautiful girl on the right.  She's my sister, she makes my heart want to explode, she's an incredibly talented artist, and she makes me laugh harder than anyone else.  Ever.



That my mom knows how to make and carve a killer turkey...



So that I can eat turkey skin one day a year!



That I have a family I love, and who loves me.

We laugh together, and cry together, and I wouldn't trade them for anything.



the "Thankercheif"



That I could be there to witness Richard's first Gingerbread House experience.

That he forgave me for being a stick in the mud about him beautifying our Gingerbread House.



That he dragged me out of the mud in no time.



And a few more items:

the Gospel
that I get to take vacations with Richard
Nicholas Sparks (novels & movies)
chocolate
my new job
my old job
Richard's job
freedom
uplifting music that I can listen to (& dance to)
wonderful in-laws
friends from our heavenly University 1st Ward
that I learned to cook (and continue to experiment)
cheese
really good books
the Indian restaurant down the street
brother & sister-in-law on missions
Netflix


What are you thankful for?



7 comments:

Shanna said...

you are cute rach! i liked that post.

Kallee and Duncan said...

HEY GIRL! I love reading your posts...your inspire ME!

Kayc said...

Great post! I love it! Love that picture of us too. We are ugly.......it's opposite day!

Kayc said...

BTW, I taught my young women the art of speaking in song for an entire night.....don't worry I told the ones that got annoyed to write in their journals about it! Hahahaha! For real.

Kayc said...

Oh and BTW again, you look pretty in that purpleish pinkish sweater! :) Love ya!

Ashley Head said...

I'm thankful for Y.O.U! I loved playing vball the other day. Could you let me know the name of that Taylor Swift song?

Sam and Melissa said...

Love this post. That picture of Richard in the speedo is killing me. I will have to show Sam. You two are one cute couple. Hope you had fun in New York, can't wait to see the pictures!