Monday, March 26, 2012

reunited and it feels so good

does absence really make the heart grow fonder?  probably.
does it, in combination with extended periods of time and
little to no communication, make a seemingly sane girl fly over
the cookoo's nest?  definitely.

luckily richard didn't find it necessary to give me a lobotomy
when he returned.  rather, he laughed with me about - and forgave me for -
my brief bout of lunacy and then we made up for lost time...
by going bowling, of course.



plenty of fun was had while he was away, and he had a great
time, too.  however, i experienced a different kind of lonely than
what i'd expected.  i hadn't prepared myself for really missing
my person.  the one who knows the background to all of my stories
at the end of the day, and who motivates me to make more than a box
of macaroni and cheese for dinner.  three nights in a row.

good reminder of why i married my best friend...its pretty hard
to live without him.


0 comments: