Tuesday, October 7, 2014

blessings


In July, Megan and Scott welcomed little Simon Peter Morgan into the world, and we were very happy to go down to his blessing just a little while later.  They are living in Manti, which is about a 3.5-hour drive, so by the time we got there this guy was going a little crazy.



Of course it was a day that I hadn't packed an extra outfit, so he peed through his diaper on the way down and ended up wearing no pants for the rest of the day.  Didn't seem to bother him at all, so I didn't let it bother me, either.  Who knows if it bothered anyone in the chapel.  Who cares.



The most important thing was that we got to spend time and have fun with family that we don't get to see often enough.  It was a really fun afternoon, but it just didn't seem to last long enough.  It never does.



It was fun catching up with the newlyweds, and hearing how motherhood is the third time around from Megan.  She is really like superwoman/supermom to me.  I look up to her a lot, and I love that I can always ask her questions without feeling inferior.  I think I hit the jackpot getting her for a sister-in-law.



The drive home was just as eventful as the one there had been.  I can't remember if I'd expected anything different.  If I had, I can't imagine why.  Life with this one is never dull, and is always good for a laugh.



We dropped Richard off in Salt Lake because he was going to the Gary Clark Jr. concert with my dad.  That is a guitar player they had seen in the Eric Clapton's Crossroads guitar festival movie that I sent them to for Richard's birthday last year.  The concert was at Red Butte Gardens, and they had a great time.  Marty was pretty upset that we left Richard, though, so I decided to make a visit to Granny and Gramps' house for  a little break.  It was just the ticket.  They had him laughing his head off, and he had them busting a gut, too.




It is so sweet to watch him play with and talk to them.  There is just something special between the three of them, I think.  And it is to the point now where he doesn't need any time to warm up to them, he just dives in head first jabbering away and running around like the little tornado he is.



There was more than one blessing that day.  One for the baby.  The ones where we got to spend time with Richard's family, strengthening those relationships.  The one for time my dad and Richard spent together, enjoying a common hobby and interest.  And the one for the time I got to spend watching my grandparents love my son, and watch him love them right back.  Lots of blessings.  We are pretty blessed.


0 comments: