Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Richard's ears


For quite some time now, Marty has had a special love for Richard's ears.  Not really one over the other.  Just both of his ears.  I honestly think it began when Marty could no longer easily use his own ears as a comfort tool after his hair had grown over them.  He used to suck his left thumb, while rubbing his right ear with his right hand.  And now that he can't get to his ears without his hair being in the way, he goes for Richard's ears whenever they are available.  And if they aren't available, he'll make them.








I think that Richard's ears are even better, though, because not only can Marty rub them with his hand, but he can literally rub his whole face against them.  I know that sometimes it drives Richard crazy, and even hurts him if I haven't trimmed Marty's fingernails.  But I also know that he secretly loves it when Marty Boy nuzzles his nose in real close.  He doesn't do it to me, but he has been known to do it to my dad as well.  For the most part, though, it is a very cute, and very silly thing that I get to watch my boys do.  Ears.  Who would have thought?!



0 comments: