Friday, July 9, 2010

Growing up?

All growing up I never got along with my cousin Dayne.  Not really sure why, but now I'm just chalking it up to us hating each other because we thought each other had cooties.  This lasted all through our teen years, too (when I'm pretty sure all he wanted to do was hook up with my friends on the sky-ride at Lagoon every time his family came to visit).  Like I said, I'm not sure why, but the summer that he got married (which is the summer that I got married, too) we finally decided to bury the hatchet.  I flew with my mom down to Texas for his wedding, and he and his wife Jessica came up for ours, even though she was great with child!  Leaps and bounds from where we were when we were so young and immature, right?...

Dayne, Jessica, their kids & the rest of Dayne's family came up for a short visit last weekend & we had a ball!  You could say we're "growing up" now that we've gotten over our little feud, but you could probably still say we're little kids at heart, too. 


Here's the fam, just hanging out & waiting for dinner.

That's my dad's designated seat on Shirl's patio - he's perfected the art of falling asleep in that lawn chair.


Dayne's little boy, Kayson, loved the bubble machine!

And I loved watching him try to avoid swallowing them!

Cutie Patutie.


Dayne's wife Jessica with their little girl Shawnee.

The feud may be over with Dayne, but I'm pretty sure Jess is my new favorite cousin!

We watched a chick flick and then went to TX Roadhouse and stuffed our gourds with rolls &

cinnamon-butter.  She's a girl after my own heart.


Richard played hoops with Kayson.

Or should I say, Kayson didn't let him stop playing hoops for the longest time!

I was ok with that - husband playing w/ kids?  Eat your heart out. 

I love him.


Yep.  That is a Beauty & the Beast Pull-Up on my sister's head.

I put it there, but she's the one that left it there.

What a big kid!


Proof that we made it the whole weekend w/out killing each other...and we didn't even have to try!

I had so much fun with Dayne, and getting to know Jess & the kids - I love love love them!


Don't worry, we're already making plans to visit them in Texas.


0 comments: