Wednesday, July 28, 2010

There's no place like the fake church

So, I know I've already complained about this whole ward change fiasco.  I'm not going to do that again. 

As a matter of fact, I've been trying to be more positive about the whole mess - ha! - so instead of just

moping and missing everyone, I decided to throw a party.  A reunion of sorts.  A 3-month reunion.

Those are pretty common, in case you didn't know.

Last Friday we had about 50 of our old pals show up for the best darn barbecue/reunion there ever was.

The Bishopric & their wives even came - with their food gamefaces on!  They never disappoint.

Good food & good friends.  It just doesn't get any better than that.  Until you start playing Koob!






Lacey, Max & the Boyers (they really are the best - they even forgave us for TPing their house!)


Action shot of the Bishop.  He definitely knocked that block down, fyi.


This get together was music to my ears.  Literally.


J-Slice & his baby mama Amanda in the background.


Seems like there have been a gazillion babies born since the ward ended.

And you know there are plenty more on the way, too - these sistas don't mess around!


Thanks to everyone who came.  You seriously made my summer. 

And you made going to church the next day freaking misery haha!

We really missed those who couldn't come, but we're kinda glad you didn't because that just gives us an

excuse to do this again soon.

Love love love you all!

There's no place like home...

3 comments:

Aynna banahna said...

Yes, do it again! We didn't get a chance to come.

randishea said...

Oh come on, I bet you loved going to church with your little sunbeams!

Lacey Geddes said...

I too miss everyone so much! Thanks again for throwing the party! Glad we are in the same ward still!! :)