Wednesday, July 6, 2011

carpe this beautiful diem, baby!

i don't know how she does it, but jenkins always seems to get the hook-up
when it comes to music.  including concerts.

the latest example of this lucky ability was the fact that she scored us $20
tickets to see U2 just a couple of days before the concert.

my dad was sitting w/ me when she called to see if i wanted to go, and it was
really his excitement that made me want to go.  i honestly couldn't think of
that many U2 songs that i even knew, let alone was crazy about, but a cheap concert
w/ my old man and best friend?  i wasn't gonna turn that down.

boy, am i glad i didn't...




stopped for sustenance at paradise before the show. 
thank the gods for those chocolate chip cookies.



waited for eternity to get on the trax, then squished in w/ strangers,
who now feel like close friends.



watched a real trooper get the wave going in that great stadium.
it was a grand time-killer.



i kept saying how stupid the stage looked...
and why would bono spend so much on something so dumb?...
and how it was the weirdest thing i'd ever seen...


then the show got started, and i still thought it was weird...



but then they started playing music, and my mind was totally blown.
i really did know lots of U2 songs!
and i'm not sure if it was the fact that it was live, but i LOVED all of the songs
i didn't even think i liked that much.

eleVATION!



dad had to bundle up to stay warm...
i was dancing all over the place and didn't need my jacket until the last 3 songs.



i take back all of my stage doubts and criticisms.
every. single. one.



jammed out with my pops.
yes, he joined me in all my dancing glory.



you can pretty much see my brains through my nostrils in this one, but i think
it further demonstrates how extremely happy i was to seize the day with two of
my favorite people in the world.



p.s.  look up "rockstar" in the dictionary.  you'll see bono in leather pants.
and the edge is my boyfriend.  don't tell richard.

0 comments: