Sunday, July 10, 2011

sister wife

i knew there was something going on between richard and my great grandmother (grandma b.)
from the very beginning.  when we were first dating i took him to meet my extended family
and when we left, she laid a big wet one right on his lips...in front of everyone.  she's a little
trampy like that. 

this was over five years ago, and things have only gotten worse.  for example, she getting to the
point where she's kinda losing it, but for some reason she can always remember richard. 
at every family function she only laughs at his jokes, talks to him, or is nice to him for that
matter - its like none of the rest of us are even there.  and when she does acknowledge my
presence, its to ask him "who is that girl with you?"  so funny, i know!  and you know
that richard loves it and only eggs her on.

well, not too long ago she decided she wanted to reactivate and go throught the temple for
her endowment.  the minute i heard this i told my aunt dayna,
"its probably so she can be sealed to richard."

i was right.

as soon as the session was over, while standing in the celestial room with my family, someone
came over and told us that granmda b. was going to be sealed to grandpa (who's dead) and
their daughters.  only moments later, my mom's cousin lynette came over and asked richard if
he would be proxy for grandpa.  i laughed far too hard and loud than what is appropriate in
the temple.  but so did my parents.  richard was thrilled.  so was grandma b.  i knew it.

the sealing was so funny because richard was milking it - holding her hand, puttin his arm
around her, touching her face - and she was loving every minute of it.  the sealer had to keep
reminding her that she was being sealed to my grandpa and not to richard.  classic.

i hate to say i told you so, but...
here's the happy couple:




grandma b. and her daughters - my fabulous grandma shirl is on the far left.
she's the greatest.



the whole fam damily






i'm mostly joking, you know.  i really do get a kick out of the special "relationship" that
richard has w/ my grandma.  they are so funny and cute...and a little weird.  i mostly
just love the wonderful man that i married.  and i knew how wonderful he was the first
time he met my family, and he didn't pull away or wipe his mouth after grandma b. was
finished with him.

here's to my new sister wife.


0 comments: