Monday, December 10, 2012

everything i learned when i turned 27

 
the lessons i learned on my birthday this year were...
 
that this guy is amazing.  i mean, i already knew it, but
the proof is in the pudding.
 
 
 
or should i say the proof is in all the "pudding" i've been eating
while pregnant.  he took me to the drive-in, which is obviously one
of my very favorite things to do.  and we were taking some pictures
when we both realized that i've acquired a few extra chins while
with-child.  this picture is the most generous of the few that we took.
the others are rediculous.

 
 
but he is amazing because all he did was laugh about it with me.
one of the things that i was worried about with being pregnant was
being self-conscious about all of the body changes i'd go through,
but richard has helped me to just embrace them all.  its not that i
love having extra chins, but i love that he loves me with them anyway.

 
 
i learned that kneaders is my new favorite place to eat and drink.
thanks, in part, to the pumpkin steamer.

 
 
i learned that even though one of these things is not like the
others (at least i hope jenkins wasn't pregnant!), that after 4 years,
long distances, crazy schedules, and many other variables these
girls are some of the best friends i could ask for.  we got to celebrate
mj's double pregnancy with her at her shower that afternoon.
man, she is a trooper!

 
 
i also learned that the family that eats brains together, stays together.
a couple weeks before my birthday i found out that the ogden zombie
crawl would be taking place on the actual day, and because of my love
of dressing up, and my family's recent fascination/obsession with the
living dead (thanks to "the walking dead"), that this would be the best
way to celebrate my last birthday pre-baby.

 
 
i have to be honest, i had my doubts about whether which of
them (if any) would actively participate.  except my dad, he was
on board from day one.  but when we met them for dinner i was
thrilled to see that they all went all out.

 
 
even my mom!  that was the big shock to me, and it was so
fun to see her outside her comfort zone like that.  even though
she said her pride was a little hurt, i know she loved it.

 
 
i'd been planning my costume for ages.  what a perfectly
disturbing pregnancy costume.  it was a hit with my fellow
zombies.  richard dressed up as a cross between shane and
darrel from the walking dead.  please refer to the necklace of
ears hanging around his neck.  i thought that was a nice touch.


 
 
zombies have feelings, too.

 
 
boy, we sure lucked out in the election, didn't we?
i could do a whole post about just that, but i'll leave it
to this poster.  needless to say, my whole family loved
this sign.  immediate family, i mean.

 
 
here are our fellow zombie crawlers, parading through ogden.

 
 
and a look at the cutest darn zombie family i've ever seen.

 
 
i learned that turning 27 was pretty great because i am
surrounded by pretty great people who let me make a big
deal out of my own birthday.
 
 

0 comments: