Tuesday, December 18, 2012

musings of a former pregnant woman

 
the weekend before little marty finally arrived, i caved
and did a few pregnancy poses.  i was mostly being sarcastic,
but when my mom said, "we need to get a picture of your cute
pregnant belly!" i did it.  the thing is, the whole time i was
knocked up, i refused to do it because every time i'd see another
picture on facebook of a friend's pregnancy glamour photo shoot
i wanted to puke.  they looked very cute, but come on...i had a
pretty breezy pregnancy, and you can't tell me those girls actually
felt glamorous!  it reminded me of our engagment pictures - they
look great, but richard hated every minute of that photo shoot.
 
 
 
anyway, i'm glad i took the picture, but equally glad i didn't get
all decked out and bare-belly it.  however, i should have, at some
point during the TEN months i was pregnant make a list of the
things i liked and disliked about being in my "situation."

likes
feeling the baby squirm - even when there was a foot in my ribs.
that richard would tell me i looked good before i left for work - even if i knew i didn't.
getting the baby to move by playing music, poking him a little, or having richard talk to him.
when richard and i would cuddle, i would try to be the big spoon, and the baby would kick richard.
pregnancy massage - the bolsters allowed me to lay on my stomach & it was heavenly!
that leggings allowed me to not feel bad that i didn't wear pants with zippers anymore.
 
dislikes
having to pee all the time.
getting winded and sweaty all the time.
having to go to the doctor and pee in a cup all the time.
the fact that i acquired a snore that woke richard and me every night.
not being able to work out like i used to.  or at all after a certain point.
the fact that i considered walking my work out after a certain point.
hip and lower-back pain.
not feeling the desire to cook. like ever.

 
 
i really did have a great pregnancy, and i'm so thankful for that.
i was never sick - maybe got nauseated a handful of times, but
that's it.  i was able to work up until the day before i went into labor,
which means that i didn't have to waste any of my maternity leave
before marty actually arrived.  and not only did i feel pretty good the
whole time, but i got to go through the whole experience with my best
friend, and the best husband ever.  he helped me to laugh about things
that i may have otherwise cried about, and i always felt so loved.
i think that heavenly father knew exactly what i/we needed and could
handle, and i'm so thankful for that.
 
i'm also pretty darn thankful for the little bundle of joy that we got out
of the whole thing.  he's pretty amazing, and the ten months was well worth it.

0 comments: