Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Way to go, Idaho!

Richard & buddies.
Alex, Rich, Clark, Garrett

The happy couple...and the newlyweds.

Ahhh, Barney Dairy Rd.

The Rexburg house with the tin roof.

Here is Richard being sad that the hill is gone.


A few weeks ago we trekked on up to Rexburg, ID to see one of Rich's best friends Clark Dabell get married. Clark is a triplet, and Richard grew up with him and his brothers Garrett and Alex in Rexburg and Bozeman, MT. They've remained close through the years, and I've come to love them, too! The ceremony was in the Rexburg temple, and the luncheon was across the street at BYU ID. It was fun to see Richard with his old buddies! Congrats Clark and Andrea!
After the luncheon, Richard gave me the official tour of his favorite places in Rexburg. We drove down the infamous Barney Dairy Road, and we went to the house his family lived in there. The people who live there now leveled a big hill that Richard's dad made in the backyard, and Richard was so sad to see it gone! We also drove past two parks he played lots of baseball games in. One was called Smith Park, and the other was Porter Park....Coincidence? I think not! We were totally meant to be!

7 comments:

Niels and Kayla said...

oh and hey check your email i sent you an invite to our blog, you just have to accept it...cross my fingers hahah hopefully you get it! see ya!

micah folsom photography said...

Thanks Rachel! We are super excited! ahh. it's still crazy.. I didn't know you guys had a blog! YAY!

Kristen said...

I just drove through Rexburg for the first time last week. It was a pretty happenin place. The weather was really nice. The temple is huge! I also saw some farm boys.

Jenn said...

You and your husband make such a cute little couple! We were in Rexburg a few weeks ago and went to a demolition derby. I'm pretty sure the whole town was there! It was lots of fun! p.s. were you at the sego work party? We got there late and I didn't see you guys. I'm sad we missed ya, if you were there!

Hoss.Rose.MiniB said...

Hey cuz n'wife! I found you through Milmonsters! Since reunions have trickled to few and far between I just wanted to say hey and connect through cyberspace. It's better than nothing! Rach you probably don't remember me, but I was at your wedding! Funny thing about wedding days, you don't really remember anything except the person over the alter! Not neccessarily a bad thing I guess! Love ya guys! Sounds like things are going great! Can I use anymore exclamations points?! Ops, guess so!

Rachel Jenkins said...

Richard looks so sad that the hill is gone! You should build him a hill to make up for it! That is a SUPURB IDEA!!!

Natasha said...

Hey long lost friend! I love your blog and I miss you! I hope all is swell with you and Rich lets get together soon! Love ya!