Saturday, August 30, 2008

Two down...eternity to go!

The SLC temple...where it all started!

Richard enjoying his half of our
Tour of Italy.

Yumm-o!

Topping the night off at our fave...
the Kaysville Theatre.

August 9, 2006 we tied the knot in the Salt Lake City temple for time and all eternity. Richard signed up for his ball and chain, and I asked to be teased for the rest of my life. We've never been so happy! I can't believe that its already been two years!! Although some days it feels like its been twenty...hahaha!
We made a day out of celebrating our anniversary. We celebrated a couple of days early because we were on-call at the mortuary, and work schedules were crazy. That morning we rode the Front Runner down to SLC and did a session at the temple. It was AWESOME! We loved it, and we can't wait to go back again. Then we walked a few blocks away to the Olive Garden downtown for a late lunch. Our waiter wasn't very nice, but we still had a good time. And of course, the food was magnifico! We usually split a meal, and this time it was the Tour of Italy. We made our way back home on Trax and the Front Runner, and then we went to a dollar movie at the Kaysville Theater. We saw the Hulk, and we weren't very impressed. But last year we saw Shrek 3, and we didn't like that one either, so its kind of turning into a tradition to see a dumb movie on our anniversary. We love the dollar movie, though. Its one of our very favorite places to go on dates! I actually have a goal to one day own it--I think that would be the coolest thing ever!
So anyway, we had a really fun day! We made it two years, and I'm so excited to see what our future holds! Some goals we have for our next year are making it to Richard's mission in Chile and going on some other trips we're dreaming about, graduating from WSU, and lots of other fun stuff. All I know is that I love Richard more and more everyday. Things have changed so much since we were dating, but in a good way. I wouldn't change us for anything. I LOVE YOU, BABE!

6 comments:

Niels and Kayla said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! Congrats on making it to two years...and good luck with the many more to come :)

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! It sounds like you guys had fun! Hubbies are wonderful!

Devyn said...

Happy Anniversary! 2 years YES! Way to go!! You guys are so cute! Im glad you found such a good guy.. it makes marriage that much easier. Ha! :) I also signed up to be teased.

McFamily said...

Congrats! I remember at your recepiton I started to cry becuase I was so happy for you. . . Anyway Happy Anniversary!

Jenn said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Sounds like you guys had an awesome day! Two years is a long time! You guys look so happy and in love! p.s. I love the tour of italy, good choice!

Rachel Jenkins said...

Woot woot to the Kaysville Theatre goal. I know I make fun, but I would totally use you for free movies. You two are awesome! Congrats on making it 2 years! :)