Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The BIG 25

Our chef was the best!

Ashley & Travis, Marc & Katherine,
Jeremy & Amanda

Scott & Megan, Rich & me

The Birthday Boy

August 2, 2008 was a big day for Richard. He turned 25 years old! We celebrated in style, of course. My Dad's Henderson side of the family had a reunion luncheon that day, so we went to that for a few hours. We ate lots of good food, and laughed really hard with family that we never get to see. I didn't tell Richard what we would be doing that day...I wanted it to be a surprise! First, I took him shopping for new work clothes. We found some killer deals at Bukoos and Ross, and he walked out of the stores a happy man. Next I took him to meet some of his favorite people at Tepenyaki for dinner. He'd never been there before so I thought it would be something fun. He loved it! Our chef was so fun, and he let all of us taste a little bit of everything. I think we all caught the shrimp in our mouth when he flipped it at us...we're so talented! We had tickets to see The Dark Knight after dinner, but we had a longer wait than we'd planned on, so we killed some time walking around the mall. All of the couples went in different doors and then tried to find each other without using our phones to call one another. Kind of dumb, but fun! The movie was incredible! I nearly had a nervous breakdown due to all of the seriously intense scenes (I was literally in tears for at least 30 minutes), but we loved it! We love Heath Ledger, RIP.
Rich said he had a great day, and that's really all that matters. Happy Birthday, baby!

4 comments:

Devyn said...

yumm.. that is one birthday party i wouldnt have missed.

Niels and Kayla said...

HAPPY BIRHTDAY RICHARD! That sounds like you guys had fun :)

Heidi said...

Bukoos is one of my favorite stores :) Let's go on a shopping spree together. Love you miss you love you. Happy birthday Richard and RIP Heath...

Nate and Sarah said...

K we saw dark knight too and really liked it! But as I watched, I thought it was the end like twice, but it just kept going. Did you think the same thing? The Joker was really scary, I'm surprised I didn't have nightmares. Tell your hubby happy birthday!